Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Battle Update

My brother and I finally started playing one of the turn 0 games for the Brimtok Campaign last Saturday (pictures are coming). We didn't finish the game on Saturday. Nor Monday. And still not finished yet. We're hoping sometime soon to finish it. We finished turn 5 with me losing most of my guard in one squad forcing them to withdraw. Since I thought we were going to end the game on Monday I decided to assault a scout squad of marines with my Commander Tau Battlesuit and he took out 3. So they ended in a pile in forcing a turn 6 if we were to continue. Which we decided to do. Where it will end??? Pretty sure the marines are gonna finish me off easily in turn 6 but we'll see. On saturday we had only gotten to the end of turn 2 and our victory points were only 5 apart.

Which brings me to why this has taken so long. Whenever Mark and I play we play with someone who intimately knows the rules. We don't. Not really even close. This was just me and him and 1 copy of the rules. The learning curve is slow and hard but we are learning. The game is complicated enough with all the special rules and not helpful rulebook that we both see why avid 40k players don't play any other games: They don't want to get distracted from the 40k rules and forget them!

No comments:

Post a Comment